Do you know that Pineapple could help relieve arthritis pain?
Pineapple (Ananas comosus) is a delicious tropical fruit native to Brazil and Paraguay. It belongs to the Bromeliaceae family, it is cylindrical in shape, has a scaly brown, yellow or green back and mostly yellow coloured inside(has a lot of fiber). Pineapples have a sweet and tart taste, when you eat it, it’s sweetly tangy!😃😋. Even though the Season for pineapple is from March through June, you can always find it in local markets at any time in the year. Pineapples are so nutritious, they contain Vitamins C, B1, B6, Copper, magnesium, Manganese, Folate and Pantothenic acid. One cup of pineapple has 70 to 85 calories.
You could eat it fresh, cook it, preserve it or even make a juice out of it!
1. Pineapple Contains an enzyme known as Bromelain which is an anti inflammatory agent that may help ease arthritis pain.
2. This fruit is very fibrous and therefore aids digestion.
3. It contains Manganese and Vitamin B1 that help in the production of energy
4. Supports the immune system. Improves respiratory health, eases cough and cold.
5. Protects you against macular degeneration as you age( maintains good eye sight!)
6. Also contains anti oxidant compounds that fight against cancers e.g oral cancer
7. Through its copper content, pineapple aids blood circulation
8. Pineapple is also healthy in pregnancy as long as you stick to 1-2cups a week avoiding overdose which could bring about excess of bromelain in your system. Vitamin C in pineapple actually aids the production of collagen for your baby’s healthy skin and enhances your mood in pregnancy.
Avoid taking pineapple in excess. If you do, it’s equivalent to consuming an overdose of bromelain and Vitamin C which could cause nausea, vomiting,diarrhea, headache, heartburn or reflux and may lead to miscarriage in pregnancy(in an extreme case)
Asides these few concerns, go ahead and consume a healthy dose of pineapple, even your body will love it and show it!😁
#Fruitfulthursday#Eathealthy #Healthiswealth #Only1life #Freshfruits #Freshfoods #Oririlovers!😍