Do you know that Strawberry contains anti-ageing properties?
A Strawberry is a love shaped🍓 fruit that is juicy, very tasty and packed full with a lot of health benefits. It is known as ‘the Queen of fruits’ in Asian countries. These berries are mostly eaten raw or added to salads, ice cream🍨, jam, baked food🍰, syrup and even drugs! Just to give them a rich taste, flavour and colour.
Some of the nutrients contained in strawberries include vitamin C, folate, potassium, manganese, dietary fibre, and magnesium and they all contribute to these health benefits as a whole.
The Health Benefits of a Strawberry include:
- Anti-ageing Properties: They contain antiproliferative and antioxidant Ellagic acid, which protects the elastic fibres in our skin from sagging as well as claims to fight against cancer. They also help to build strong hair and nails using its biotin content.
- Eye Health: Antioxidants like flavonoids, phenolic phytochemicals, and ellagic acid,of which are contained in strawberries, can help avert degeneration of the optical nerves, macular degeneration, and vision defects.
- Boost Immunity: Due to the vitamin c content of strawberries which is also an antioxidant, free radicals are counteracted to protect the body from cough,common colds, heart diseases and even cancer.
- Weight Loss: Strawberries contribute to weight loss due to the presence of nutrients that stimulate metabolism and reduce appetite.
- Strawberry contains only 54 calories and is high in fibre
- Contains potassium, vitamin K and magnesium, very key for healthy bones.